We made it to Greece! Chris and I left Folsom at 10:30AM Wednesday morning and arrived at our hotel in Athens almost exactly 24 hours later (around 7:30PM Thursday night).
The flights were mainly I eventful, although we had a 40 minute layover in Denver, which necessitated running through the terminal and trying not to knock over old ladies. It ended up being a nonissue because thunderstorms in Denver wound up delaying us by over an hour.
Chris and I weren't seated together on the last leg from Frankfurt to Athens, and I slept the entire flight, so I missed the medical emergency of a passenger near Chris having breathing difficulty. Apparently, the flight attendants asked for any passengers who were medical professionals to come assist the man.
Anyway, we made it. First impressions: a Mediterranean climate of rocky, rolling hills with brown land and bushes. Not at unlike Southern California.
We were on our walk to the Plaka, which is the old district, when we were prodded to eat at these touristy tavernas. Of course we wound up being surrounded by Americans. Still, the food was delicious and reasonably priced for a tourist trap. We chatted with two business professors from Indiana University, who are in Greece with two dozen business undergrads.
Chris and I are both exhausted, so I think it's time to head to bed and hope that we get over our jet lag quickly.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment