Clearly I did not blog like I had hoped. Instead, we spent our time getting to know our group, eating a lot of delicious Greek food, and hiking. The most steps I logged was the 8 mile hike from Fira to Ia on Santorini. The wind was gusting so hard I nearly lost my hat a few times. Still, the views were amazing.
I can't even begin to describe how great our trip was. Chris and I are already plotting our next trip with REI - maybe as part of his sabbatical?
Here are some of the photos I took along the way. (These are from my phone - we took hundreds on the real camera)
{at the tomb of the unknown soldier - check out those Pom poms}
{our first hike - Tinos Island}
{hiking on Santorini - typical white walls and blue domes}
{gorgeous Santorini sunset}
{at the end of our last hike - the black sand beach on Santorini}
1 comment:
If you've never read it, you should check out John Fowles' The Magus. Your pictures look like how I imagine Greece in that novel.
Post a Comment